Charlotte Hornets @ New York Knicks
Current Records: Charlotte 2-5, New York 4-4
How To Watch
- When: Sunday, November 12, 2023 at 12 p.m. ET
- Where: Madison Square Garden — New York, New York
- TV: Bally Sports SE Charlotte
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
What to Know
The Knicks and the Hornets are an even 5-5 against one another since January of 2021, but not for long. The New York Knicks will be playing at home against the Charlotte Hornets at 12:00 p.m. ET on Sunday at Madison Square Garden. The Knicks have been getting the ball to fall more lately as they’ve increased their point totals each of their last three games.
Winning is just a little bit easier when you make ten more threes than your opponent, a fact the Knicks proved on Wednesday. Everything went their way against San Antonio as New York made off with a 126-105 victory. The Knicks pushed the score to 99-72 by the end of the third, a deficit the Spurs cut but never quite recovered from.
The Knicks’ victory was a true team effort, with many players turning in solid performances. Perhaps the best among them was R.J. Barrett, who earned 24 points along with 6 assists. Julius Randle was another key contributor, dropping a double-double on 23 points and 16 rebounds.
Meanwhile, Charlotte beat Washington 124-117 on Friday.
The Hornets’ win was the result of several impressive offensive performances. One of the most notable came from Gordon Hayward, who earned 27 points along with 9 assists and 4 steals. Another player making a difference was Mark Williams, who dropped a double-double on 21 points and 20 rebounds.
Their wins bumped New York to 4-4 and Charlotte to 3-5.
This contest is one where the number of possessions is likely to be a big factor: The Knicks have been smashing the glass this season, having averaged 50 rebounds per game (they’re ranked first in rebounds per game overall). However, it’s not like the Hornets struggle in that department as they’ve been averaging 46.2 per game. Given these competing strengths, it’ll be interesting to see how their clash plays out. Check back here after the action for a full breakdown and analysis of the contest.
The Knicks came up short against the Hornets in their previous matchup back in March, falling 112-105. Can the Knicks avenge their loss or is history doomed to repeat itself? We’ll find out soon enough.
New York and Charlotte both have 5 wins in their last 10 games.
- Mar 07, 2023 – Charlotte 112 vs. New York 105
- Dec 09, 2022 – New York 121 vs. Charlotte 102
- Oct 26, 2022 – New York 134 vs. Charlotte 131
- Mar 30, 2022 – Charlotte 125 vs. New York 114
- Mar 23, 2022 – New York 121 vs. Charlotte 106
- Jan 17, 2022 – Charlotte 97 vs. New York 87
- Nov 12, 2021 – Charlotte 104 vs. New York 96
- May 15, 2021 – New York 118 vs. Charlotte 109
- Apr 20, 2021 – New York 109 vs. Charlotte 97
- Jan 11, 2021 – Charlotte 109 vs. New York 88